This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. Measure the full width and height of the recess [the size of the hole if you like] and we will make the appropriate deductions to ensure a perfect fit.
- Measure in 3 places for both the width and the drop, use the smallest measurements
- Don’t make any deductions, we will do that for you to ensure your blind fits perfectly
- Use a metal tape measure, cloth ones can stretch and give you inaccurate measurements
Measuring for an Architrave
This is the measurement you’ll need to take if you want to fit the blind to your window’s architrave. In this case we will make the blind to your specified size with no deductions.
- Measure the width from the outer edge of the architrave to the opposite edge.
- Measure the drop from the top of the architrave to where you want the blind to finish.
Measuring for Square Set
This is the measurement you need to take if you want the blind to hang outside the recess overlapping the window. In this case we will make the blind to your specified size with no deductions.
Measure the exact width of the area you would like the blind to overlap. To minimize light leakage we recommend that the blind overlaps the window recess by at least 70mm at the top and 50mm each side.
The overlap at the bottom of the blind is a matter of personal choice but if you are measuring for a blind that will come down to the floor allow 10-20mm of clearance.